Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Commissioned Officer

Well, it appears my journey as a cadet is finally over, and as I look at my calendar has been over for a little more than a month.

On May 15, 2009 I raised my right hand to God and swore my oath as an officer in the grade of Second Lieutenant.

This blog is not over; however, my journey has just begun. I'll keep writing tidbits as I remember them, and I'd like to write more on BOLC II and BOLC III as they come up. If I'm not exhausted I'll write a comprehensive review of Ranger School when I'm done with that, too.

My goal is to provide those who stumble across my page with a look into the real life of a cadet, and once you hit your MS III (Junior year), you start hearing about life as a brand new lieutenant and all the schools you'll have to go through, and I'd like to continue aiding that process with this blog. From all the emails I've been getting, I can tell it's helping some people, so why stop now?

However, the posts won't come for a while as I don't leave for BOLC II for quite some time. Until then, I'll be your friendly neighborhood Gold Bar Recruiter.

No comments: